Britt-Marie Ljung, MD, FCAP
Wednesday, October 24
The Special Lecture showcases renowned experts in pathology who share their professional experience and perspective for fostering growth of the discipline in the modern era. CAP18’s special lecture is presented by Britt-Marie Ljung, MD, FCAP.
P1899 Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy: Small Package—Expanding Information
1.0 CME/CE CREDITS
Join us as Britt-Marie Ljung, MD, FCAP shares her professional experience and perspective on the topic Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy: Small Package—Expanding Information. Specifically, she will cover:
- The clinical use and evolution of fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB)
- The initial unintended impact of the thin prep system and the negative consequences of FNAB’s casual introduction during 1980 to 1995
- The impact of image-guided sampling
- Maximizing sample yields for molecular testing
- Application of tools and strategies for training in procurement
Dr. Ljung is professor emerita, past director of the Division of Cytopathology, cytopathology fellowship director, and past vice chair at the University of California San Francisco. She was coauthor and served as faculty for the CAP’s award-winning Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Advanced Pathology Program for pathologists. She is a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of the American Society of Cytopathology, Cancer Cytopathology, Diagnostic Cytopathology, and Acta Cytologica. As part of her commitment to Global Health, Dr. Ljung has taught and promoted FNAB in both east and west Africa as well as in Peru.